JOB VACANCIES ADVERTISEMENT
Kenya National Trading Corporation is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Cooperatives. KNTC’s wider mandate and in line with Vision 2030 is to be a procurement agent for the Government and general public, promote the development of SME’s markets, partner with other key players to avail relevant products / inputs for the agricultural sector, improve and strengthen supply chain and distribution systems for both the formal and informal sector, stabilize consumer commodity prices by ensuring balance in supply and demand through availability of goods/stock in the country and distribution of goods and services in special economic zones.
The Board of Directors seeks for qualified and competent individual to lead KNTC’s five year change program, managing and influencing a diverse group of senior stakeholders to account and ensuring that key benefits are delivered.
- Provide strategic direction and leadership to KNTC in order to achieve its mandate and
- Formulate and drive innovative strategies to accelerate growth and profitability of KNTC
- Advising the Board and providing leadership on all matters relating to the Corporation’s
Strategy, business opportunities and investments
- Oversee and ensure effective management of financial, human and physical resources
- Uphold accountability for the overall performance of KNTC
- Foster and support strategic partnerships, business agreements for KNTC through
Responsive identification, evaluation, negotiation and contracting
- Ensure closer collaboration between KNTC and the private sector in pursuing sufficient measures and initiatives towards price stabilization and balance of demand and supply objectives envisaged in the mandate is achieved without compromise to other government interest such as investment promotion
- Manage KNTC based on the plans approved by the Board, including the Strategic plan
Covering a rolling Five years period
- Ensure KNTC complies with relevant legislation and with commerce and industry laws and guidelines in line with vision 2030 and other relevant policies, and has a strong commitment to government’s stated economic recovery plans
- Provide proactive public relations and enhancing the corporate image of KNTC
Educational and Professional Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Marketing or any Business Related Field
- A Masters Degree qualification in business/economics/finance would be an added advantage
- Proficiency in Computer applications such as Microsoft word, Excel, Access, Power point and outlook express including financial and statistical packages.
- At least 10 years’ experience in a management position in a commercial environment
- Experience in competitive set ups with significant distribution and stock costing
- Exposure to high level institutional partnership, collaboration and networking roles
Skills and Competencies
- Strategic in mindset with an eye for detail and sense of corporate results focus
- Transformational manager with energy and creativity to turn around the organization and
Positively impact the stakeholders
- Good administrative and coordination skills
- Ability to manage and sustain high cost center performance, compliance and performance
- Familiarity with Government financial and operations development plans and vision 2030
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity and are hence required to submit clearance / compliance certificates from the following institutions together with the job applications:
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education loans board
- Ethics & Anti – Corruption Commission
- Criminal Investigation Department
- Credit Reference Bureau
The Managing Director shall report to the Board of Directors and shall hold office for a term of three (3) years and shall be eligible for re appointment subject to terms.
Suitably qualified candidates should apply in confidence to the address below by 21st December, 2016 enclosing CV’s with full details of education back ground, professional qualifications, relevant experience and attaché copies of academic certificates and National Identity card.
KENYA NATIONAL TRADING CORPORATION P. O. BOX 30587 – 00100
Kenya National Trading Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Only successful candidates shall be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Kenya National Trading Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities and people from the marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.
Only successful candidates shall be contacted.